Tina Abbott Counselling
My Therapy Experience
I am a BACP Registered and Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Senior Accredited Supervisor. I have been counselling and supervising for over 30 years in various settings including: two drug and alcohol agencies where I worked with children and adults on their own addiction or if they were affected by a family member’s addiction issues; two Further Education, and two Higher Education colleges where I worked with both students and staff; in private practice working both short term and longer term with clients, including twice weekly psychotherapy; as a Staff Counsellor in two NHS hospitals; as the Staff Counselling Manager at Cardiff University for 10 years; and currently in full time private practice.
As you can see I have considerable experience in working with a diverse range of clients from young people living in inner cities with physical and emotional deprivations, to consultants working in the NHS, to senior academics facing the challenges of the changing face of academia, to those suffering with depression and anxiety, work life balance issues, bereavement, relationship issues, pain and illness.
Under normal circumstances, nothing you say goes beyond the counselling room unless you want it to, and you say so explicitly.
I may only pass on information in exceptional circumstances:
- Where I have your express consent to disclose the information.
- Where I believe you, or a third party is in serious danger.
- Where I would be liable to civil or criminal court procedure if the information was not disclosed (such as terrorist activity).
£65 per 50 minute session in Walterstone.
£100 per 90 minute supervision session.
£65 per 60 minute Mindfulness session.
Please note all missed sessions are chargeable.
My Professional qualifications
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling 1989
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 1997
- BACP accredited Diploma in Integrative Psychosynthesis 2000
- PG Diploma in Supervision 2006
- MA in Professional Development (Management) 2010-2013
- BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psycotherapist since 2001
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor since 2010
I am Past Chair of BACP Workplace Division.